As healthcare providers, we’ve been fortunate enough to have received priority access to the Covid-19 immunizations. Our team is dedicated to putting your health first. While the vaccination provides us with hope and a layer of protection, it does not provide total defense against the contraction of Covid 19. For this reason, we will continue to adhere to the strictest safety protocols. We look forward to seeing you again soon and continuing to serve you with the highest level of care.
June 1, 2020
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our regular routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice, which you have undoubtedly seen during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and our team safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and The New York State Dental Association (NYSDA). We follow these agencies’ activities so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and strictly adhered to each agency’s recommendations. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and our team.
- We will confirm your appointments by telephone rather than by email or text- during that call we will ask some screening questions regarding COVID-19, we will ask you those same questions when you come into the office.
- Upon entering the office, if you are not wearing a proper medical mask, we will supply you with one.
- Our goal is to eliminate the use of the waiting room. To accomplish this:
- We are discouraging our patients from bringing a guest to their appointment. If someone drives you to your appointment, we request that they wait in the car.
- Appointment scheduling will also be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We have also changed the configuration of the waiting room to allow for social distancing when the waiting room is in use by more than one patient.
- We will be taking patient temperatures at the front desk when patients arrive. We will also take team member’s temperature at the start of every day.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available for your use. When you first arrive, we will ask you to use the provided hand sanitizer as you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We will no longer offer magazines since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- After each patient, we will conduct a thorough wipe down of all surfaces in the office, paying attention to frequently touched ones such as; doorknobs, handles, bathroom faucets, and countertops.
- For credit card transactions, we are now wrapping the surface of the machine before each transaction, and our patients will now insert their cards themselves.
We understand that many of our patients are concerned about leaving the house. When you do eventually resume aspects of ordinary life, your immune system must be as strong as possible. Delaying necessary dental cleanings and plaque/tartar removal will lead to inflammation of your gums. Any inflammation in the body weakens your immune system; therefore, you are optimizing your immune system by maintaining excellent oral health.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 718-767-9224 or request an appointment from our website at kaggendentalcare.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming our patients, neighbors, and friends back.
Warren S. Kaggen DDS and Team